At Signs of Cheshire Ltd we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
With this in mind and the new data protection legislation (known as General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR) which comes into force on 25th May 2018, we have made some changes to our terms and conditions.
• The data that we hold: How we use it: Why we need it: Who has access to it:
• What your rights are: New details of who to contact with any queries
Signs of Cheshire
Signs of Cheshire Ltd is committed to protecting the data it collects and using it fairly to contact existing customers, potential customers and customers with relevant information and applies the current laws, which are known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Signs of Cheshire Ltd will be what's known as the 'controller' of the personal data you provide to us. Our registered address is The Workshop, Winnington Avenue, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8 4EE. Our Data Processor is Signs of Cheshire Ltd and can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How the law protects you
Your privacy is protected by law. This section explains how this works.
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use personal information only if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sometimes sharing it outside Signs of Cheshire Ltd.
The law says we must have one or more of these reasons:
• To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
• When it is our legal duty, or
• When it is in our legitimate interest, or
• When you consent to it
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information although even then it must not unfairly go against what is right and best for you.
Information we collect about you
We may collect personal data about you, including for example your name, address, telephone/mobile number(s) and email address.
Examples of the sources of data we collect about you or your company:
• When you talk to us on the telephone, personally or communicate with us via social media or website
• In emails and letters
• When you use our website, such as when you sign up for information and newsletters
• When you interact on social media
• Email tracking facilities
• Payment and transactional data
• The internet
• Publicly available information
• Bought in accredited third-party marketing lists for recruitment purposes (B2B)
How we process your data
GDPR law says that we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason to do so. This includes sharing your data with third parties.
We may process your personal data for the following purposes, if relevant:
• Administer your account with Signs of Cheshire Ltd.
• Extend credit to you or your company
• Notify you about changes to our terms and conditions
• Communicate with you about company news and events, updates to your account and other activities we are involved in as a supplier and believe you would be interested in
• Provide advice or guidance about using our services
• Carry out marketing activities
• Collect and recover money that is owed to us
• Tailor your experience on our website
• Communicate with you via social media
• Respond to complaints and seek to resolve them
We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interest to run Signs of Cheshire Ltd in an efficient and proper way for the benefit of our customers. This includes managing our financial position, planning, audit, communications, business capability and to exercise our rights set out in agreements and contracts. We also process your personal data where required to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us.
How we will use the information about you?
Data is stored securely within Signs of Cheshire Ltd systems to prevent unauthorised access. No data held by Signs of Cheshire Ltd will be supplied outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
Signs of Cheshire Ltd has various data and security policies that it complies with to ensure the safe keeping of the data that we collect.
Staff are trained and regularly updated to ensure they are treating your data within the guidelines of this notice.
There are various lengths of time that data is kept for depending on need and other laws that we adhere to. You have the right to be forgotten within our database as long as there isn't an over-riding legitimate business need.
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we'll hold your personal information based on the following retention periods for data:
• Financial records - 7 years
• Credit reports and warning notices - 7 years
When we may share your information
We will treat your personal information as private and confidential, but may share it with and disclose it outside of Signs of Cheshire Ltd if:
• You consent
• Allowed by any agreement entered into by you
• Needed by third to help manage your records (such as our IT suppliers who run our computer systems) please note we will have appropriate separate service contracts in place with these firms
• HM Revenue and Customs or other statutory authorities who require it
• The Law, Regulatory Bodies, or the public interest permits and requires it
• Required by us or others to investigate or prevent crime
• Required as part of our duty to protect your accounts
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ask us to provide you with access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data. Providing you with this information is free of charge, but charges may apply for excessive requests. You have the right to ask us to provide you or a third party with the personal data you have provided to us in an electronic format.
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular direct marketing.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Processor who will investigate the matter further.
If you wish to stop us from providing you with marketing materials then you can opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com or write to us at The Workshop, Winnington Avenue, Northwich, Cheshire CW8 4EE
For further information on which companies have been supplied with your details or how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access/alter and change information we hold on you, please write to us at the address above.
Should you be unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which is the regulator for data protection.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be communicated to you via email, letter or the Signs of Cheshire web site, for which this notice is set out.
In the event that we believe there is a serious breach to our systems or data we will inform the Information Commissioner's Office within 72 hours and will inform the affected customers as soon as practically possible there afterwards.